The new West Main Street location will offer coffee and ice cream in addition to pie. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
After 22 years the original Dogfish Head brew pub is being torn down to make way for a new courtyard that will have an outdoor dining section and the back half will house the brewery and distillery for collaborations and brewpub exclusives. Produced by Megan Raymond
Owned by Bryan Whipple, the shop offers skateboards, apparel and accessories to local skaters. Photos by Ralph Musthaler, Produced by Meg Ryan
Ann Foultz wrote a memoir about her experience as a Girl Scout. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Dogfish Head and RAR Brewing founders explain why craft breweries work together. Produced by Ryan Marshall and Megan Raymond
The 2nd Annual Northampton County Fair, held in Machipongo, Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, featured antique tractors, tractor driving contests, live music, a petting zoo, pumpkin decorating for the kids, and much more. Carol Vaughn video
The new restaurant in Sea Gull Square offers "kabob" style Chinese food as well as spicier options. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Hundreds of seafood lovers flocked to the 45th Annual Oyster Festivel on Chincoteague, Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017. Carol Vaughn video
The News Journal entertainment writer Ryan Cormier hosts a Facebook Live chat with Dogfish Head founder Sam Calagione at his bar and restaurant in Rehoboth Beach on Oct. 3, 2017.
Hundreds of classic cars and trucks descended on Ocean City on the weekend of Oct. 6, 2017. Todd Dudek video
100 varieties of jerky available, including exotic meats such as kangaroo and elk in addition to gourmet snacks, popcorn, nuts, spices, sauces and rubs available.
Delmarva Eastern Surfing Association held the Maryland State Surfing Championships on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017 on the beach at 36th street in Ocean City, Md. Produced by Megan Raymond
A new sight will be welcoming visitors to Ocean City after they cross the Route 90 bridge into town — a Denny's restaurant. Wochit
Dollar stores are popping up on street corners across Delmarva, swimming against the retail sector's falling tide. Video by Jeremy Cox
The 2017 Golden Retriever Club of America National Specialty will be hosted by Wicomico Youth and Civic Center and nearby venues in both Maryland and Delaware on Sept. 22-30. Wochit
As Wicomico County prepares to celebrate its 150th anniversary, The Daily Times and DelmarvaNow.com will offer nine days of coverage, much of it recalling where we were 150 years ago and recounting the journey through time that brought us to where we are today. Wochit
An inside look at this year's event. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Larry Parsons grew up in the restaurant business and eventually decided to his own. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Big Oyster Brewery's expansion in Lewes will increase production by 2,500 barrels Produced by Megan Raymond
Pico Taqueria offers freshly made tortillas, with a variety of different toppings and is open during Chincoteague's summer season. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Joe KroArt, Ocean Gallery, was honored by Maryland's Comptroller Peter Franchot Produced by Megan Raymond
The William E. Morgan Conservation Center will offer reptiles, amphibians and conservation programs. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
OC Painting Experience brought to you by T.C. Studios is a place for locals and visitors to learn about painting. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
In Ocean City, Italian bistro Ripieno's specializes in big portions, including its 28-inch large pizza. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Zap Pro/Am World Championships of Skimboarding held its semi-finals on Friday, August 11, 2017 at Dewey Beach, Del. Produced by Megan Raymond
Hamboards allow riders to surf while on land. Here's what Don Sandusky, owner and general manager of the co., had to say about the newest model. Produced by Gray Hughes
Chef Cameron arguably Delaware's best chef, is quite literally a walking cookbook. His body and his brain are filled with the thousands of books he's read and the hundreds of places he's traveled to learn global cuisine. Produced by Megan Raymond
OC BBQ, which replaced OC Steamers, opened in May and provided a southern barbecue restaurant at the changing 45th Street Village. Wochit
An inside look at this year's event. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Vineyard Wine Bar and Bistro is providing an upscale food and wine experience at the beach. Wochit
The new space will include an expanded dining area, fire pits, cornhole and a viewing area where customers can observe the brewing process. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Pony Penning begins with southern and northern roundups on Assateague, the swim to Chincoteague on July 26 followed by the auction on July 27 and capped with the swim back. Wochit/Produced by Kamlesh Desai
Known for their crab cakes, Drum Point Market has gained attention from travelers from all over the country. Produced by Ralph Musthaler and Ben Penserga
A band of wild ponies gallops on Assateague Island. Video courtesy of DSC photography. Darcy Cole, DSC photography
Barn 34 in Ocean City puts the family in family restaurants. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Highlights from the 2017 Berlin Bathtub Races. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
What's percolating in the world of coffee and coffee shops? Pemberton Coffeehouse is set to open in Salisbury — again. Deborah Gates
Chef Chris Parks has elevated the cuisine at Lupo in Rehoboth over the last few years. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
The 10th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest at Fish Tales in Ocean City ended with a new winner being crowned!
Delmarvanow.com asks beach visitors about their favorite activities on the Fourth of July. Produced by Megan Raymond
The restaurant offers seafood, speciality pizzas and more to customers. Produced by Meg Ryan
Chris Clare went from a small town ballplayer to a minor-league All-Star. Wochit
Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot has been touring breweries in Maryland to learn about their economic impact on their respective communities. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Alan Goldsborough of Crisfield and daughter, Heather, have opened Shipwrecked Seafood at Route 50 and Main Street in Berlin. Live, steamed and softshells to go! Deborah Gates
Ropewalk Chincoteague offers waterfront dining, a tiki bar and more. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Near perfect weather made for an exciting air show. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Gilligan's, on the canal waterfront in Lewes, reopened after an off-season remodel. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Indigo in Rehoboth, a new restaurant, is one of the Delaware beach area's only Indian restaurants. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Roadie Joe's owner talks about how his business has grown along with Salisbury. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
High Stakes Bar & Grill in Fenwick Island recently renovated. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Rare & Rye Owner Sal Fasano describes the newest hotel restaurant in OC Produced by Megan Raymond
SoDel's Scott Kammerer at the newest Bluecoast Seafood Grill and Raw Bar Produced by Megan Raymond
Salisbury will play host to a major festival and tourism draw next year that is expected to bring in tens of millions of dollars to the city. Video by Keith Demko
Peter and Linda Roskovich's family beach home will be featured on HGTV's "Beachfront Bargin Hunt: Renovation" Produced by Megan Raymond
Take a virtual walk along the Ocean City Boardwalk while checking out some of the sounds and sights. Produced by Gray Hughes
Burley Oak Brewing Company is aiming for a July opening for a new, coffee-inspired cafe in downtown Berlin. Wochit
Local fans of HGTV’s television show, “House Hunters,” will soon see their hometown in an upcoming episode. Wochit
Downtown Salisbury Festival returns June 2-4 with with carnival rides, food vendors, craft beer, a full entertainment lineup and local vendors. Wochit
- WATCH: The Ugly Pie has a new home
- WATCH: Original Dogfish Head brew pub gets demolished
- WATCH: Downtown Salisbury welcomes Lurking Class Skate Shop
- WATCH: Longtime Girl Scout reflects on her 'unusual' life
- Watch: Why Dogfish Head and RAR Brewing collaborate on beers
- WATCH: Scenes from the 2nd Annual Northampton Agricultural County Fair
- WATCH: Chuar brings authentic Chinese food to Salisbury
- WATCH: 45th Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival
- Thirst State Craft Crawl - Dogfish Head
- WATCH: OC Endless Summer Cruisin' 2017
- WATCH: Beef jerky Outlet store opening in Rehoboth
- Delmarva Eastern Surf Association Maryland State Championships
- WATCH: New Denny's coming to former home of JR's Ribs in Ocean City.
- WATCH: Why dollar stores are sweeping across Delmarva
- WATCH: National golden retriever show coming to Delmarva
- WATCH: Recalling Wicomico County's 150th Anniversary
- WATCH: Scenes from 58th Annual Skipjack Race
- WATCH: Woody's Beach BBQ owner keeps it simple
- WATCH: Big Oyster Brewery to open in Lewes
- WATCH: Pico Taqueria brings Mexican American fare to Chincoteague
- WATCH: Ocean Gallery honored by Maryland Comptroller
- WATCH: Salisbury Zoo cuts ribbon for new conservation center
- WATCH: Local art studio offers visitors a chance to relax and paint
- WATCH: Ripieno's in Ocean City does big portions
- WATCH: Zap Pro/Am World Championships of Skimboarding semi-finals
- WATCH: Surf on land with Hamboards
- WATCH: Chef's Corner- Chef Hari Cameron a(muse.)
- WATCH: OC BBQ offers Southern eats in a former seafood restaurant
- WATCH: Scenes from the 41st annual J. Millard Tawes Crab and Clam Bake
- WATCH: A new wine experience in Rehoboth
- WATCH: Evolution plans outdoor expansion with green space
- Pony Penning 2017: What to expect
- WATCH: Smith Island store draws people from afar
- Chincoteague ponies kick up their heels
- WATCH: Barn 34 in Ocean City a family affair
- WATCH: Scenes from the 28th Bathub Races
- WATCH: Pemberton Coffeehouse set to reopen
- WATCH: Chef Chris Parks shining at Lupo in Rehoboth
- WATCH: 10th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest at Fish Tales in Ocean City
- WATCH: What is your favorite thing to do on the Fourth?
- WATCH: Buxy's owner expands business footprint with newly opened Dry Dock 28
- WATCH: Shorebirds All-Star sets the bar high
- WATCH: Comptroller Franchot rallying craft beer industry
- WATCH: Shipwrecked in Berlin
- WATCH: Ropewalk Chincoteague brings waterfront dining to both locals and visitors
- WATCH: Air Show draws a big crowd to Ocean City
- WATCH: Gilligan's in Lewes opens after remodel
- WATCH: Indigo in Rehoboth serves rare Indian cuisine
- WATCH: Roadie Joe's serves up sophisticated pub fare
- WATCH: High Stakes renovates in Fenwick
- WATCH: Rare & Rye isn't the average hotel restaurant
- WATCH: SoDel's Bluecoast Seafood Grill open in Rehoboth
- WATCH: Salisbury lands National Folk Festival starting in 2018
- WATCH: HGTV Beachfront Bargin Hunt comes to Ocean City
- WATCH: Sights and sounds of the Ocean City Boardwawlk
- WATCH: Burley Oak to open cafe in Berlin
- WATCH: Couple brings 'House Hunters' to Salisbury
- Downtown Salisbury Festival
Hammerheads Dockside and its Dewey Beach will be hosting a double header on Saturday, Sept. 16, with musician Gary Brown of Bushmaster Blues performing at both locations.
Brown has been entertaining audiences of all ages for a quarter of a century with an envious guitar style to accompany his original songwriting comprised of funky cool blues rock music at music festivals, vineyards, breweries and popular East Coast venues.
His passion for guitar and the pursuit of a good tone has reached across a wide range of countries via the radio, earning him positive reviews.
Although he is humble with compliments, his stage presence is the complete opposite bursting with emotion and energy.
Brown speaks about his music with Jennifer Popiel.
As a teen you learned guitar by hanging out and playing along with musicians from your area. When was the pivotal moment in your life that you decided this is what you wanted to do and what is it that made you so passionate about the guitar?
Actually, there wasn't one particular event or inspiration other than my parents’ record collection. Music was always around and guitar was the particular instrument I was drawn to.
Can you elaborate on your constant pursuit of a good tone and why it is important to you?
Your tone is your voice. If you do not have an alluring voice, no one wants to hear you speak regardless of your message.
Your 2012 album, "Bushmaster – Revolution Rhapsody aka: Uprising Music," not only has received extensive airplay in several countries including the U.S., it also received several reviews and debuted at #41 on the Roots Music Chart and #21 on the Living Blues Magazine Radio Chart. Do you believe its success is based on its content from immigration to equality, environmental, civil rights and other issues, in that you have been able to reach out to people who can relate to so much of what is going on in the world?
I am humbled and grateful for how well Revolution Rhapsody did and yes I do think it resonated with people for all the reasons you mentioned. However, I would like the next album to do a lot better.
MUSIC AT THE BEACH: Going Out: Music listings for Sept. 8-14
What is some of the poignant feedback you have heard from listeners in regards to the album?
I have heard a lot of really touching responses, and Revolution Rhapsody has gotten some great reviews, but I tend not to dwell on compliments. I don’t know why; I sort of get embarrassed.
As an original singer/songwriter, how do you prepare for your next song creation? Do you have a special process or secret location that helps you with creativity?
No. There is not one particular formula for my song writing process. Although, I wish there was because it would make the process a lot easier.
You have been entertaining audiences of all age ranges since 1992. How do you believe you have grown as a musician and as a person? Is there anything that audience members have taught you during this journey?
I think I have grown in many ways, musically and otherwise. And yes, my audiences have taught me many things including giving me much inspiration. I feel blessed to be able to play my guitar, and touch people with my music.
Out of all three of your albums, is there a fan favorite or most requested?
I think people really like "Drowning On Dry Land.”
How have you managed to keep the energy going strong for 25 years so far?
That's a really poignant question, and a good one. I have to say that the love and appreciation that people have given me for my music and guitar playing because it sure is not the money – haha!
IF YOU GO
What: Bushmaster Blues
Where and When: Hammerheads Dockside, Saturday, Sept. 16, at 3 p.m. and Hammerheads Dewey Beach, Saturday, Sept. 16, at 10 p.m.