After 30 years of business in Bethany, DiFebo's opens on Main Street in Berlin. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
The 71st Salisbury Jaycees Christmas Parade took place Sunday, Dec. 3. Ralph Musthaler video
The town of Ocean City held its annual Christmas parade on Saturday, Dec. 2.
Ground broke on Maui Jack’s Waterpark on Chincoteague Island in November 2017. The park is slated to be completed by May 2018. Video courtesy The Cyphers Agency
AMP Studio in downtown Salisbury offers a place to play and learn. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Now celebrating its 25th year, Ocean City's Winterfest of Lights, which will extend through December 31, officially kicked off the resort town's holiday season. Published by Reed Shelton
Ali Baba offers both Mediterranean and American food. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
The new West Main Street location will offer coffee and ice cream in addition to pie. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
After 22 years the original Dogfish Head brew pub is being torn down to make way for a new courtyard that will have an outdoor dining section and the back half will house the brewery and distillery for collaborations and brewpub exclusives. Produced by Megan Raymond
Owned by Bryan Whipple, the shop offers skateboards, apparel and accessories to local skaters. Photos by Ralph Musthaler, Produced by Meg Ryan
Ann Foultz wrote a memoir about her experience as a Girl Scout. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Dogfish Head and RAR Brewing founders explain why craft breweries work together. Produced by Ryan Marshall and Megan Raymond
The 2nd Annual Northampton County Fair, held in Machipongo, Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, featured antique tractors, tractor driving contests, live music, a petting zoo, pumpkin decorating for the kids, and much more. Carol Vaughn video
The new restaurant in Sea Gull Square offers "kabob" style Chinese food as well as spicier options. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Hundreds of seafood lovers flocked to the 45th Annual Oyster Festivel on Chincoteague, Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017. Carol Vaughn video
The News Journal entertainment writer Ryan Cormier hosts a Facebook Live chat with Dogfish Head founder Sam Calagione at his bar and restaurant in Rehoboth Beach on Oct. 3, 2017.
Hundreds of classic cars and trucks descended on Ocean City on the weekend of Oct. 6, 2017. Todd Dudek video
100 varieties of jerky available, including exotic meats such as kangaroo and elk in addition to gourmet snacks, popcorn, nuts, spices, sauces and rubs available.
Delmarva Eastern Surfing Association held the Maryland State Surfing Championships on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017 on the beach at 36th street in Ocean City, Md. Produced by Megan Raymond
A new sight will be welcoming visitors to Ocean City after they cross the Route 90 bridge into town — a Denny's restaurant. Wochit
Dollar stores are popping up on street corners across Delmarva, swimming against the retail sector's falling tide. Video by Jeremy Cox
The 2017 Golden Retriever Club of America National Specialty will be hosted by Wicomico Youth and Civic Center and nearby venues in both Maryland and Delaware on Sept. 22-30. Wochit
As Wicomico County prepares to celebrate its 150th anniversary, The Daily Times and DelmarvaNow.com will offer nine days of coverage, much of it recalling where we were 150 years ago and recounting the journey through time that brought us to where we are today. Wochit
An inside look at this year's event. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Larry Parsons grew up in the restaurant business and eventually decided to his own. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Big Oyster Brewery's expansion in Lewes will increase production by 2,500 barrels Produced by Megan Raymond
Pico Taqueria offers freshly made tortillas, with a variety of different toppings and is open during Chincoteague's summer season. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Joe KroArt, Ocean Gallery, was honored by Maryland's Comptroller Peter Franchot Produced by Megan Raymond
The William E. Morgan Conservation Center will offer reptiles, amphibians and conservation programs. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
OC Painting Experience brought to you by T.C. Studios is a place for locals and visitors to learn about painting. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
In Ocean City, Italian bistro Ripieno's specializes in big portions, including its 28-inch large pizza. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Zap Pro/Am World Championships of Skimboarding held its semi-finals on Friday, August 11, 2017 at Dewey Beach, Del. Produced by Megan Raymond
Hamboards allow riders to surf while on land. Here's what Don Sandusky, owner and general manager of the co., had to say about the newest model. Produced by Gray Hughes
Chef Cameron arguably Delaware's best chef, is quite literally a walking cookbook. His body and his brain are filled with the thousands of books he's read and the hundreds of places he's traveled to learn global cuisine. Produced by Megan Raymond
OC BBQ, which replaced OC Steamers, opened in May and provided a southern barbecue restaurant at the changing 45th Street Village. Wochit
An inside look at this year's event. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Vineyard Wine Bar and Bistro is providing an upscale food and wine experience at the beach. Wochit
The new space will include an expanded dining area, fire pits, cornhole and a viewing area where customers can observe the brewing process. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Pony Penning begins with southern and northern roundups on Assateague, the swim to Chincoteague on July 26 followed by the auction on July 27 and capped with the swim back. Wochit/Produced by Kamlesh Desai
Known for their crab cakes, Drum Point Market has gained attention from travelers from all over the country. Produced by Ralph Musthaler and Ben Penserga
A band of wild ponies gallops on Assateague Island. Video courtesy of DSC photography. Darcy Cole, DSC photography
Barn 34 in Ocean City puts the family in family restaurants. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Highlights from the 2017 Berlin Bathtub Races. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
What's percolating in the world of coffee and coffee shops? Pemberton Coffeehouse is set to open in Salisbury — again. Deborah Gates
Chef Chris Parks has elevated the cuisine at Lupo in Rehoboth over the last few years. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
The 10th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest at Fish Tales in Ocean City ended with a new winner being crowned!
Delmarvanow.com asks beach visitors about their favorite activities on the Fourth of July. Produced by Megan Raymond
The restaurant offers seafood, speciality pizzas and more to customers. Produced by Meg Ryan
Chris Clare went from a small town ballplayer to a minor-league All-Star. Wochit
Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot has been touring breweries in Maryland to learn about their economic impact on their respective communities. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Alan Goldsborough of Crisfield and daughter, Heather, have opened Shipwrecked Seafood at Route 50 and Main Street in Berlin. Live, steamed and softshells to go! Deborah Gates
Ropewalk Chincoteague offers waterfront dining, a tiki bar and more. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Near perfect weather made for an exciting air show. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
Gilligan's, on the canal waterfront in Lewes, reopened after an off-season remodel. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Indigo in Rehoboth, a new restaurant, is one of the Delaware beach area's only Indian restaurants. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Roadie Joe's owner talks about how his business has grown along with Salisbury. Produced by Ralph Musthaler
High Stakes Bar & Grill in Fenwick Island recently renovated. Produced by Jeff Neiburg
Rare & Rye Owner Sal Fasano describes the newest hotel restaurant in OC Produced by Megan Raymond
SoDel's Scott Kammerer at the newest Bluecoast Seafood Grill and Raw Bar Produced by Megan Raymond
Salisbury will play host to a major festival and tourism draw next year that is expected to bring in tens of millions of dollars to the city. Video by Keith Demko
Peter and Linda Roskovich's family beach home will be featured on HGTV's "Beachfront Bargin Hunt: Renovation" Produced by Megan Raymond
Take a virtual walk along the Ocean City Boardwalk while checking out some of the sounds and sights. Produced by Gray Hughes
Burley Oak Brewing Company is aiming for a July opening for a new, coffee-inspired cafe in downtown Berlin. Wochit
Local fans of HGTV’s television show, “House Hunters,” will soon see their hometown in an upcoming episode. Wochit
Downtown Salisbury Festival returns June 2-4 with with carnival rides, food vendors, craft beer, a full entertainment lineup and local vendors. Wochit
- WATCH: DiFebo's Restaurant opens in Berlin
- Watch: Salisbury holds Christmas Parade
- Watch: Ocean City holds its Christmas Parade
- WATCH: A time lapse video of Chincoteague waterpark groundbreaking
- WATCH: Local studio provides area youth a place to perform
- WATCH: Ocean City's 25th Annual Winterfest of Lights
- WATCH: New Mediterranean restaurant opens in Salisbury
- WATCH: The Ugly Pie has a new home
- WATCH: Original Dogfish Head brew pub gets demolished
- WATCH: Downtown Salisbury welcomes Lurking Class Skate Shop
- WATCH: Longtime Girl Scout reflects on her 'unusual' life
- Watch: Why Dogfish Head and RAR Brewing collaborate on beers
- WATCH: Scenes from the 2nd Annual Northampton Agricultural County Fair
- WATCH: Chuar brings authentic Chinese food to Salisbury
- WATCH: 45th Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival
- Thirst State Craft Crawl - Dogfish Head
- WATCH: OC Endless Summer Cruisin' 2017
- WATCH: Beef jerky Outlet store opening in Rehoboth
- Delmarva Eastern Surf Association Maryland State Championships
- WATCH: New Denny's coming to former home of JR's Ribs in Ocean City.
- WATCH: Why dollar stores are sweeping across Delmarva
- WATCH: National golden retriever show coming to Delmarva
- WATCH: Recalling Wicomico County's 150th Anniversary
- WATCH: Scenes from 58th Annual Skipjack Race
- WATCH: Woody's Beach BBQ owner keeps it simple
- WATCH: Big Oyster Brewery to open in Lewes
- WATCH: Pico Taqueria brings Mexican American fare to Chincoteague
- WATCH: Ocean Gallery honored by Maryland Comptroller
- WATCH: Salisbury Zoo cuts ribbon for new conservation center
- WATCH: Local art studio offers visitors a chance to relax and paint
- WATCH: Ripieno's in Ocean City does big portions
- WATCH: Zap Pro/Am World Championships of Skimboarding semi-finals
- WATCH: Surf on land with Hamboards
- WATCH: Chef's Corner- Chef Hari Cameron a(muse.)
- WATCH: OC BBQ offers Southern eats in a former seafood restaurant
- WATCH: Scenes from the 41st annual J. Millard Tawes Crab and Clam Bake
- WATCH: A new wine experience in Rehoboth
- WATCH: Evolution plans outdoor expansion with green space
- Pony Penning 2017: What to expect
- WATCH: Smith Island store draws people from afar
- Chincoteague ponies kick up their heels
- WATCH: Barn 34 in Ocean City a family affair
- WATCH: Scenes from the 28th Bathub Races
- WATCH: Pemberton Coffeehouse set to reopen
- WATCH: Chef Chris Parks shining at Lupo in Rehoboth
- WATCH: 10th Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest at Fish Tales in Ocean City
- WATCH: What is your favorite thing to do on the Fourth?
- WATCH: Buxy's owner expands business footprint with newly opened Dry Dock 28
- WATCH: Shorebirds All-Star sets the bar high
- WATCH: Comptroller Franchot rallying craft beer industry
- WATCH: Shipwrecked in Berlin
- WATCH: Ropewalk Chincoteague brings waterfront dining to both locals and visitors
- WATCH: Air Show draws a big crowd to Ocean City
- WATCH: Gilligan's in Lewes opens after remodel
- WATCH: Indigo in Rehoboth serves rare Indian cuisine
- WATCH: Roadie Joe's serves up sophisticated pub fare
- WATCH: High Stakes renovates in Fenwick
- WATCH: Rare & Rye isn't the average hotel restaurant
- WATCH: SoDel's Bluecoast Seafood Grill open in Rehoboth
- WATCH: Salisbury lands National Folk Festival starting in 2018
- WATCH: HGTV Beachfront Bargin Hunt comes to Ocean City
- WATCH: Sights and sounds of the Ocean City Boardwawlk
- WATCH: Burley Oak to open cafe in Berlin
- WATCH: Couple brings 'House Hunters' to Salisbury
- Downtown Salisbury Festival
Milton has lined up a festive holiday for all ages Saturday, Dec. 9, with three attractions — Town of Milton Holiday House Tour, Milton Garden Club Holly Festival and The Milton Arts Guild Holly Days arts 'n' crafts sale and winter-themed gallery exhibition.
The artisans of the Arts Guild are excited to share their newest creations with original hand-crafted work available for purchase.
As visitors browse the displays, they will be treated with complimentary refreshments and holiday cheer.
Rita Poore, the guild's communications director and artisan, provides insight on how the Arts Guild is a haven for local artists with extensive peer group support and educational opportunities to improve one’s craft while also being committed to community outreach.
On Saturday, Dec. 9, from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., at the Milton Arts Guild, local artists will have handcrafted artworks for sale. What are some unique items artisans have been working on?
Artists will be offering alcohol ink coasters, paper Christmas roses, knitted children’s sweaters, custom cigar box creations, pottery, jewelry, Christmas ornaments and miniature artworks, all perfect for that unique gift for the holidays.
READ MORE: Where to see Christmas light displays
Our holiday tables will be laden with seasonal treats and drinks as well. It has to be said, we put out quite a spread, thanks to the generosity and culinary talents of our members. This one is totally a group effort.
Visitors can also view the Holly Days winter exhibition in the gallery during this time. What mediums will be featured? When does the exhibition end?
The Holly Days exhibition features local artists’ works in oil, acrylic, watercolor and mixed media painting in addition to photography, sculpture, bird carvings, mosaics and weaving. The exhibition runs until Jan. 9, 2018.
What does this show mean to the artists who have dedicated time to their work when there are other responsibilities in life to juggle?
Art is a calling. When you love to do it, you find time, even if it is at the end of a busy day.
In our area, winter-themed art is a chance to show a different side of the beauty of Sussex County and its residents, stretching creativity to match the season.
Since its inception, has Milton Arts Guild seen an influx of support for local arts? Why do you think having a strong support is critical to the survival of the arts?
Local art associations are great boosts to any community and Milton is no exception. With great charm, architecture, and above all, history, Milton is a natural magnet for creative minds.
The gallery gives new artists or established artists a “home” to show work, the inspiration to create new work with a new show almost every month, and the community a place to celebrate their achievements.
A new venture, local businesses sponsoring our monthly opening receptions has been a win-win for the Art Guild and the sponsors.
Our Holly Days Exhibition is a stop on the annual Milton Holiday House tour sponsored by the Milton Women’s Club. The Studios on Walnut are our landlords, and the resident artists will have their studios open to the public.
What positive impacts have you made on the community?
Each year in March we sponsor an exhibition for Cape Henlopen High School art students where we award scholarships to seniors for their higher education.
Also, this year we have worked with the town to place “Point of Interest” signs in Milton for MAG.
As part of the Milton Arts Guild mission, what are some of the educational opportunities offered to members?
Each month we offer Artful Touch classes taught by guild members. These two-hour “intros” to a subject are a great no-pressure, low-cost way to try out a subject or technique in a welcoming atmosphere. Often, non-Arts Guild members join after these classes.
We also offer at least four workshops a year, drawing on local artists and nationally known artists to teach three-to-four day intensive sessions. These are usually not beginner courses.
This year we are exploring doing a children’s program, which we are very excited about.
To date, how many guild members are on the roster and is it limited to a certain number?
We are now 108 members strong and currently doing a membership drive. We welcome all who create art, love art, and want to promote art in the community. As of now, we have no membership limit.
IF YOU GO
Milton Arts Guild Holly Days Arts 'n' Crafts sale and exhibition
When: Saturday, Dec. 9, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: 310 Walnut St., Milton