Here are some of our top stories for Thursday September 21. 9/21/17
Reactions after Hurricane José passed the Delmarva Peninsula.
The debate over concerts at Hudson Fields in Milton.
Supreme Court decides Rehoboth Beach pool battle.
Miyagi Ramen Bar offers comfort food in Rehoboth.
Zap Pro/Amateur World Championships of Skimboarding at Dewey Beach.
A fast moving storm dumped more than 2 inches of rain on the southern tip of Delaware Monday afternoon and tossed cars around along U.S.13 in Salisbury, Maryland. 8/8/17
Lisa Goldberg stepped off the bus at 10:30 a.m. on a blustery Saturday. She opted for transit in order to avoid driving through traffic herself, she said.
Amy Savia, a Georgetown resident, said taking the bus, which uses a dedicated transit lane, allows her to pass by all of the stopped traffic on Del. 1.
Jake Nelson said the traffic is all worth it to see the Delaware beaches and Dogfish Head Brewery.
Mary Gerard from Cleveland has traveled to Delaware every year since she was a child. Now she brings her own daughters.
Dustin Lauffer, from Pittsburgh, said he had heard people talk about Delaware in his home town.
New Jersey resident Steve Chamas said the ferry gives him a break from driving. Still, he encountered little congestion in Delaware during his trip north from Virginia.
George Szary, from Albany, New York, traveled north on Del. 1 to the Lewes ferry dock from Ocean City, Maryland when a crash in Dewey Beach halted his progression.
Venezuela opposition leaders arrested; Vacationer's body found on Ocean City beach; LA gets the 2028 Olympics 8/1/17
Sun Otters Tours is a new science-based tour company in Rehoboth.
Award-winning News Journal reporter Molly Murray died Monday night after a brief battle with pancreatitis. 7/18/17
Longtime News Journal reporter Molly Murray died Monday night after a brief battle with pancreatitis. She was 61.
It’s all fun in the sun until someone pops their beach tent up in front of you, blocking your ocean view. Well, one city in Delaware is cracking down on the popular summertime beach shelter. Buzz60's Nick Cardona (@nickcardona93) has that story.
Tourists may have a harder time finding a beach rental close to the ocean. Several coastal towns report the number of rental licenses are falling.
Mug & Spoon in Rehoboth Beach where they make monster milkshakes and funky coffee drinks.
New Rehoboth tradition begins at the beach.
Dolle's prepared for 90th year at Rehoboth location
Whale washes ashore at Deauville Beach north of Rehoboth Beach.
Accidents involving those sent Spinal and neck injuries sent nine people to a hospital near Rehoboth Beach alone last year. Up the coast, hundreds are injured during the summer in the beach towns.
People in Rehoboth Beach had mixed reactions Saturday to the city's new ban on tents and canopies on the beach.
Winter storm in Lewes.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers with the help of Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company are pumping sand on to Dewey and Rehoboth Beach.
Preparations for Hurricane Matthew began Wednesday morning in Rehoboth Beach as crews removed benches along the boardwalk. 10/05/16
Crews work on raising and extending a stone dike at the Mispillion inlet near the DuPont Nature Center in Milford to restore beach habitat for horseshoe crabs and provide foraging for shorebirds, specifically the Red Knot.
- Top stories for Thursday September 21
- Dune breach has people on alert
- Hudson Fields concerts spark debate
- Supreme Court decides Rehoboth Beach pool battle
- Ramen bar new in Rehoboth
- Skimboarders compete at Dewey Beach
- Raw video: Storm slams Rehoboth Beach
- Manhattanite takes direct bus from NYC to beach
- No parking issues at Lewes P&R
- Pittsburgher hits traffic after entering Delaware
- We park, then we don't drive the rest of the week
- Delaware's Pittsburgh connection
- I don't have to do six hours in the car
- Sitting on the ferry means you're not sitting in traffic
- KJWP NewsBreak
- Putting the tour in tourism
- Reaction to the passing of News Journal reporter Molly Murray
- News Journal environmental reporter Molly Murray has died
- One city is trying to crack down on those annoying beach tents
- Beach rental licenses fall in some towns
- Fire & ice: funky coffee and ice cream drinks at the beach
- New Rehoboth tradition begins at the beach
- Dolle's prepared for 90th year at Rehoboth location
- Whale washes ashore at Deauville Beach
- WATCH: Don't let a good day be ruined by beach injuries
- Rehoboth visitors react to tent, canopy ban
- Winter storm hits Lewes
- Protecting the value of coastal communities
- Rehoboth Beach prepares for Hurricane Matthew
- Habitat restoration underway at Mispillion Harbor